Another busy week in the life of Cale... I can't wait for a break, whenever that imaginary time will come?
I do know this, listening to Beethoven, while studying, will improve your ability to concentrate on the work and enable you to get the work done. Maybe it's the noise being blocked out, but I prefer to think that the wonderful music helps my head...
This week I had the opportunity to watch a few videos, read some cool words and write in this cool blog.
Here are my musings:
Eric Rics - Stanford video
Eric says that we should ask The Five Whys: the five whys help a business owner, leader or manager get to the real bottom of a problem. The problem is usually human error in one form or another.
Acton Hero: Heath Bradley -
Heath Bradley stated one important thing, "You don't have to know all the answers" Isn't that amazing... I don't have to know all the answers, but I can find someone that does know the answer and that will make all the difference.
My favorite words of the week came from a talk by Hugh W. Nibley titled "Leaders to Managers: The Fatal Shift" It is an excellent talk and my words aren't enough to do it justice, please read it and let me know what you think.
My $100 Challenge is going well. All of the products I ordered for bottling arrived, plus some extra vanilla beans and I have been able to start one more batch of vanilla which should be ready to sell just before the semester is over. The first two batches are looking and smelling great. I can't wait to get the labels printed, the bottles filled and the product sold.
I have a meeting to go over my resume on Monday. I hope it goes well... I know my resume needs some work, I hope good ideas are forth coming.
I took a leadership style survey this week. My leadership style is Participative (democratic). This is true to who I am. I am not one who leads from behind. I am usually out making a mess with everyone else...
Well time to go. Have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment