Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 11

This week seemed a little less hectic, but busy none the less. My middle son, the 12 year old, is healing nicely from his appendix operation and has gone outside to play several times since coming home. He seems to be back to his old, cantankerous ways. Now he has a lot of school work to catch up on over spring break...

Speaking of spring break, that is next week for my children. It's my wife's favorite week (sarcasm). She will re-live summer all over again and have a strong desire to run away to somewhere quiet.

This week in class we studied franchising, money and work/ life balance. Franchising doesn't excite me that much. While I might purchase one under the right circumstances, those circumstance would have to be perfect. Most franchises seem like you are buying a job.

Money is an important tool in life. When we use it wisely, it can benefit us, when used poorly the whole family is affected by it.

Early on in life I had trouble balancing my work life and my real life. As I have aged, I have found it easier to break those old habits and form new, more balanced habits. I really value my family time. Life is too fleeting to spend it all at work. While work does provide for the family, it shouldn't be your family and shouldn't define who you are.

This week for the $100 Challenge, I submitted my logo to a friend who is a graphic designer. He will make it pretty for me and then I can past it on my bottles and sell away. I am excited to get this project finished... Hopefully all costs will be covered and all bottles sold.

Watched Steve Jobs graduation commencement speech at Stanford in 2005. What a great speech. Here is the link. What a great speech. I had never viewed this before and in my opinion, it shows humility and remembrance of where he came from. Please watch it if you get a chance.

Well, have a great weekend and enjoy the coming week ahead. May spring bring you something new and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment